When deciding on the shape and style of your swimming pool, the role of colour cannot be underestimated. The colour of the tiles, lines and accents play a significant role in the pool’s appearance. In this blog post, we are exploring the influence of colours on pool design and how different shades and combinations influence the overall aesthetic and ambience of your pool.
The Psychology of Pool Colours:
- Blues for Serenity: Blue tones provide calming and serene effects. Lighter blue colours remind us of the clarity of a tropical lagoon, while deeper shades of blue promote a sense of depth and sophistication.
- Refreshing Greens: Green accents are perfect for pools in beautiful gardens, as the green colour can blend harmoniously with surrounding vegetation and create a natural atmosphere.
- Vibrant Mosaics: Mosaic tiles in pools can add a touch of playfulness and personality to the pool area. Choosing warm and vibrant colours for the mosaic tiles makes the pool more interesting and unique.
Choosing the Right Colours:
- Property Aesthetics: The colour of your pool should match and enhance the existing colour palette of your property’s architecture and landscape.
- Size and Space: The colour of your pool should also match its size. Generally, lighter colours can visually expand smaller pools, while darker colours add warmth to both large and small swimming pools.
- Sunlight and Reflection: When choosing the tile colour, also keep in mind how colours interact with sunlight. Lighter colours reflect more sunlight, keeping the pool water cooler.
Tile and Liner Selection:
- Charming Tiles: The choice of tile colour sets the tone for your pool’s colour scheme. Whether it is a colour from the blue or green palette, make sure to choose materials that are durable and maintain the colour vibrancy over time.
- Liner Versatility: You can choose from an array of patterns and colours of liners. Make sure that you choose a pool liner that complements your pool and outdoor area.
Maintenance and Longevity:
- Colour Fade Prevention: Choose materials that are UV-resistant and designed to retain their colour. Moreover, schedule regular cleaning and proper maintenance to keep the colours vibrant.
- Timeless Appeal: You should choose a colour that you like but also that is timeless and will not go out of fashion or trend. It is important to go for a colour that complements your house now and for years to come.
In conclusion, the colour of a pool is very important for aesthetics as well as the ambience around the pool. At Pool Cyprus, we understand the art behind colour selection and can guide you in creating a pool design that reflects your style.